- Loose, airy floral display of unusual, deep reddish-brown coloured flowers with a chocolate scent appear from late summer, through autumn.
- Attracts butterflies.
- Forms a tight, compact mound of vibrant green foliage which may become deciduous in cooler climates.
- Hardy and easy to grow.
Grows well in most soil types which are moist but well draining in a sunny location.
Lightly prune after main flowering to help maintain a dense, neat habit and encourage further flowering. An application of slow release fertiliser during spring would be beneficial.
- Mass plant against solid coloured walls or backgrounds for dynamic effect.
- Contemporary gardens, mixed perennial borders or butterfly attracting gardens.
- Containers or general garden use.