- Small, upright shrub with evergreen foliage that responds well to clipping for hedging or as topiary specimen.
- Deep purple colouring to foliage over winter.
- Sprays of deep violet coloured flowers during warmer months.
- Easy and fast to grow.
Grows well in most soil types which are moist but well draining and in a sunny location.
Do not allow to dry out over extended periods of heat.
No pruning generally required but can lightly trim to shape in autumn.
An application of slow release fertiliser during spring would also be beneficial to overall performance.
- Looks sensational trimmed as a low hedge or topiary specimens repeated through a border
- Contemporary or heritage style gardens
- Grow in large containers for paved areas