First discovered by Randy Lindsey (Propagator at Panoramic Farm USA) as a sport on the well known Abelia × grandiflora ‘Little Richard’ . A. 'Kaleidoscope' carries with it all the wonderful attributes of it parent - dense, compact growth habit with a high foliage retention during the dormant winter months. The really stand out attraction of 'Kaleidoscope', however, is the dynamic color it brings to the garden landscape.
New, variegated growth emerges as bright yellow with a light green centre throughout spring gradually turning to golden yellow with deeper green markings into the summer months intensifying in colour rather than bleaching from long, hot summer days.
By autumn this combination turns to a bright orange to fiery red throughout the winter months extending until the early spring. These colours are further highlighted by the brilliant red stems and the abundance of dainty white flowers first appearing in summer.
Exceptionally easy to grow and maintain once established, this versatile shrub will serve many purposes in both commercial and home garden schemes.
‘Feather Falls’ is a highly decorative Carex with outstanding garden and pot performance. The long clean and crisp foliage will reward you with a year round maintenance free plant. A highlight of this new variety is its beautiful plumes of feathery flower stems that emerge from the centre of the fresh new variegated foliage during the spring months.
- Fresh highly decorative foliage
- Plumes of feathery flowers in spring
- Low maintenance and easy to grow
- Heat Tolerant
- Looks great all year round
• Improved form of popular ground cover with far denser, neater habit.
• Deep blue, funnel-like flowers through the warmer months.
• Low maintenance, dry tolerant and easy to grow.
• Will trail over rocks and walls.
• Longer flowering than other varieties - main flush from spring with continuous spot flowering throughout warmer months
• Flowers are strongly perfumed
• Very compact growth with dome shaped habit
• Heat and dry tolerant - can grow in a sunny site without scorching
• Frost hardy
• Deepest, darkest coloured foliage found amongst Loropetalums - retaining colour year round
• Vivid deep raspberry coloured, tasseled flowers during spring and autumn
• Maintains a naturally dense, domed habit
• Easy to grow with minimal maintenance
- Stunning new flower colour - deep purple with deeper plum coloured bracts.
- Long flowering - through the warmer months.
- Fantastic dome shaped habit
- Fast and easy to grow.
- Water wise plant for gardens or large containers.
The third instalment in the Salvia Wish Collection -'Love and Wishes' continues the strong alignment with Make-A-Wish Australia with part proceeds from the sale of every plant being donated to this special charity to help grant wishes for children with life threatening medical conditions.
This variety has been selected for the Border Stars™range and has been selected specifically for
its hardiness and reliability in performance under difficult circumstances. It tolerates both dry and wet conditions and feature long periods of flowering displays. Bred by PGA to incorporate these tough characteristics with new colour variation to others in range.
- Very hardy, clump forming perennials.
- Fine, grass-like foliage is evergreen and ornamental year round
- Long flowering - from spring through to late winter
- Low water requirements
- Easy to grow with minimal maintenance