A very hardy, dry tolerant shrub offering ornamental silver foliage which will tolerate regular clipping to produce a dense formal hedge. Left as a specimen shrub in the garden T. 'Silver 'n' Sapphires' will flower from autumn through to late spring with a display of blue flowers deeper in colour than those normally found in this species.
• Ornamental, silvery foliage year round.
• Deep, true blue flowers from autumn through to late spring.
• Very hardy and dry tolerant shrub once established
• Responds well to clipping for hedging.
Prefers a full sun location in most soil types given good drainage. Withstands dry conditions well once established but should be watered deeply occasionally during extended periods of heat. A hard prune after flowering will encourage a dense habit. If hedging, lighter but more frequent prunes to shape is required.
An application of a slow release fertiliser after flowering is recommended.
• Informal hedging
• Mixed perennial or shrub borders
• Provides beautiful contrast for lower growing plants in front
• Large containers
• General garden use